Frequently Asked Attributes
With over 120 different standard reports and hundreds of different attributes, we thought it was time we put together a resource in our knowledge base to provide a definition for the fields you can find in Report Toaster.
Currently this is just a shortlist, as the majority of fields we include in our reports are Shopify attributes that can be referenced in their help
Below however is a nice curated list of definitions for the ones we get asked about the most:
If you need help with understanding any of the below, you can always email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'd be happy to help.
- Inventory Available = The quantity of units you currently have in stock.
- Quantity = The quantity of units sold.
- Net Quantity = The quantity of units sold, minus items returned.
- Fulfillable Quantity = The quantity of units yet to be fulfilled
- Price = The price the item is sold for.
- Compare-at Price = The original price of the item (before an adjustment or a sale).
- Gross Sales = Price x Quantity
- Discounts = The discount value applied to a sale.
- Returns = The value of any goods returned by a customer.
- Net Sales = Gross Sales - refunds - discounts.
- Taxes = The taxes applied to a sale.
- Duties = The duties applied to a sale.
- Shipping = The shipping charges (paid by the customer) to ship an order.
- Total Sales = Net Sales + Taxes + Duties + Shipping
- Cost = The total cost of the units sold for a particular product
- Gross Profit = The Net Sales minus Cost for a particular product
- Gross Profit Margin = Calculated as ([Net Sales - Cost] / Net sales) * 100.
- Shipping Cost = The shipping charges (paid by the merchant) to ship an order.
- Transaction Fees = The fees paid to the provider for each transaction
- Net Profit = Gross Profit + (Shipping - shipping Cost) - Transaction Fees.
- Net Profit Margin = Calculated as (Net profit / Net sales) * 100.
For a more in-depth overview and examples for many of the attributes mentioned above, you may want to check out some of our other articles:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The following is a set of Frequently Asked Questions from users of Report Toaster: I'm stuck! How do I get help? Well don't panic - our dedicated support team is always here to help. Chat The best way to get in touch is via our chat widget in the ...
Taxes - Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of tax-related questions on our support chat, so in the interest of sharing that knowledge with the wider Report Toaster community, we thought it was time we compiled an FAQ for all questions pertaining to taxes. Note - A good place to ...
Reporting on Line Item Properties and Note Attributes
What are Line Item Properties & Note Attributes In Shopify, there are two particular fields that are contain a additional information relating to an order. These are: Line Item Properties - namely, the additional information associated with the ...
Premium Report - UTM & Google Ads
UTM Campaign, UTM Source, UTM Medium, UTM Term, Google Ads UTM reports and the Google Ads report are used to see which sales in your store originate from which ad campaigns. Generally this is a fantastic technique to both boost your sales and acquire ...
How to Setup and Configure UTM Parameters
What are UTM parameters? UTM parameters are the additions to a URL that you track where visitors are coming from when they click the link to navigate to your website. You've probably actually experienced these without realizing, such as when you ...
Didn't find what you were looking for in our knowledge base? Click here
to suggest an article, and we'll try to put something together for you.