Reporting on Line Item Properties and Note Attributes
What are Line Item Properties & Note Attributes
In Shopify, there are two particular fields that are contain a additional information relating to an order. These are:
- Line Item Properties - namely, the additional information associated with the individual Line Item on an Order. Very often, merchants use third party apps to store additional variant options here E.g. Material: Wood
- Note Attributes - namely, the custom information you typically have inserted as notes on the Order. These are divided into Name and Value E.g. I might have an order with Name: Delivery Date and Value: 06/06/2022
Setting up Line Item Properties/Note attributes
These fields can be added to many reports as separate columns inside Report Toaster using our Calculated Fields feature. These are setup on the backend by our Report Toaster staff.
To set this up, all you need to do is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and send us a screenshot of the fields you want to add.
The easiest way to do this is to follow this process:
- Go to Report Toaster, click on Orders, then go to the Order Line Items report
- Click the columns button (top right) and add the Line item / Properties (or Note Attributes) column to the report.
- Click on the dropdown for Line Item / Properties (or Note Attributes)
- Tell us which of the resulting fields you'd like us to create as separate columns. (you can always send us a screenshot like the below).
We've set up Line Item Properties and Note Attribute columns for several of our merchants already!
If you'd like us to set these up for your store, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to take care of it.
All you need is a paid subscription, let us know which fields you want to add (full page screenshots and a note of which you want added as separate columns are VERY helpful), and we'll take care of the rest!
How to Use Calculated Fields
In this article, we look at how you can use Calculated Fields to generate better reports for your storefront. Note: Calculated Fields are created by our Report Toaster staff. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we will take care ...
How Do I Export/Print a Report?
Another entry in our 'Basics' series, this article will cover all your options for exporting a report in Report Toaster. For instance, say I wanted to save a copy of this report to my desktop? Or get a version of the data to excel so I can add ...
What's New? - June 2022
Summer is here, and with it comes a scorching hot new feature in Report Toaster. Calculated Fields are here! ("Yes, finally!" I hear some of you saying. Quite literally in fact - a few of you even emailed to tell us!) Not only has this been one of ...
Export and Download (Video)
This Report Toaster video tutorial explains the Export and Download features. This video covers things like: - Downloading a Report (PDF, JSON, CSV) - Download History - Re-Downloading a previous Report. This video is best viewed in full screen ...
How to Add Metafields to a Report?
What are Metafields? Metafields are a way to store additional specialized information (e.g. on products, variants, customers, orders etc.) that isn't typically captured by the Shopify admin. Merchants can use metafields on both the front end of the ...
Didn't find what you were looking for in our knowledge base? Click here
to suggest an article, and we'll try to put something together for you.