It's time for us to show off a long-awaited feature - Inventory History is finally here!
Once enabled, our new inventory history reports will let you see all the details of your historical inventory - either at a singular point in time (e.g. Yesterday) or over a select range (e.g. Last 7 days).
With these new reports you can see the various Shopify Inventory States (e.g. Available, Incoming, Committed, etc), as well as quantities and cost-based inventory value.
You can see these amounts at the start of period, end of period, and even track changes between the two.
Here's a sample of one of our new reports:
Please note - Inventory History is only tracked from the time this feature is enabled for your account.
For example, if we enabled the feature for you on 6/20/23, you would have Inventory history from this date onwards.
This feature comes with the release of 5 new reports:
- Inventory History - To see the details for your historical inventory at a specified point in time/date range on a per variant basis.
- Inventory Change by Variant - To see the values for each variant at the start of the period, the end of period, and even any changes between the two.
- Inventory Value over Time - To see the cost-based value for your entire inventory on a daily or weekly basis.
- Inventory Turnover (Available) - To see turnover based on the quantity sold compared to how much was in stock.
- Inventory Turnover (Cost) - To see turnover based on the cost of goods sold (COGS) compared to the average cost in stock.
For more information on Inventory History, check out our main guide here. For more information on Inventory Turnover, check out our main guide here.
Please note - this feature and these new reports have to be enabled by our Report Toaster staff. If you have any questions or want us to setup these reports for your account, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com